So... we got out of town this weekend! We headed to Bavaria to attend a retreat with Nick's new company. We met a lot of great people, and saw some neat things. On Thursday morning we headed out! We followed our friends all the way there! They were wonderful to let us tag along with them! The 4.5 hour drive took us through Germany, into Austria, and then back up to Garmisch. We were driving next to the Alps for a good part of it and they were breath taking! We also passed a few castles (which I have no idea what they were). We got to Garmisch at about 2:00 PM.
The fact this this is totally LEGAL had us cracking up! Plus the fact that people were probably legally going 20-30 mph faster than us! Nick has decided we may need to get a newed BMW or Audi, but I am pushing for the Volvo SUV. We are going to look into it, as they are quite cheaper over here, and we get them minus the 19% tax included on every price over here in Germany (and you thought US taxes sucked...) We'll keep you posted on the car search!
This was our view for the majority of the drive! Not too bad, huh?
A cool tunnel that is cut through a mountain. We pretty much went in the tunnel in
Germany and came out in Austria!
Nick and Clara on thew balcony at the hotel.
So, Friday was much more eventful then just driving, we went into Munich and got to explore the town for a few hours. It was swarmed with Polizei (police). Literally 10 on every corner. People we saying to be careful because all sorts of violent demonstrations go on there, but it turned out some NATO diplomats were visiting... which I guess could have led to demonstrations, but we were fine! Nick did not let Clara and I more then 5 inches from him the whole time though...
Here we are in front of the Marienplatz in the center of Munich. It was very cool, lots of neat details, and the clock does some crazy thing when it hits 5:00 PM, I believe!
So, this is called the Munich Residenz and it is where the Bavarian Monarchy Resided a long time ago. To the left is a really nice garden (I am guessing it is nice when it is not the middles of winter) that we walked through!
Our last stop was at theHofbraehaus. Apparently it is very touristy, but it was a lot of fun! We hung with a dual military couple that Nick will work with, and they were a lot of fun!
That night, Clara got the stomach flu and threw up until I decided it was best to take her to the hospital. Being in a foreign county and going to the hospital SUCKS! I felt like I couldn't really relay to the doctor that I was worried about dehydration. She gave us a suppository to give to her and told us to give her tea. Germans are very holistic, I was expecting to hook her up to an IV, but apparently tea will do the trick because as soon as we left the hospital it started to come out the other end... She calmed down a little, so we decided to drive to our friend, Susi and Martin's (Martin is the Germany officer Nick met at Ft. Wood). On the way there it got really bad! Poor baby would SCREAM each time she got a stomach ache. When we got to there house, we decided we may need ot back to the hospital, because she still has the stomach issues and would not eat. Luckily, Susi and Martin we with us and speak excellent English and could translate for us. The hospital monitored her, and we decided against an "infusion", their translation for IV, and they gave her tea... hmm... It turned out to be just a 24 hour bug because at about 4:00am in the Hotel room in Martin and Susi's town, it hit me and Nick..... Poor Martin and Susi just thought we here coming to hang out... and ended up taking care of us! We are very grateful for their friendship to us!
We finally made it home after the long weekend and are all still in recovery. I think we have been through 50 diapers in like 2.5 days.... Nick went into work for a little while and Clara and I slept for most of the day. Here is to hoping we are all back to 100% before Nick's 4 day weekend this week...
1 comment:
Man that was way over her diaper allowance per day! Ha Ha.. glad you are all feeling better!
Post a Comment