So, the language difference here can sometimes be really funny! A lot of the translations are very literal. As in "Lizzy produced dinner" as opposed "Lizzy made dinner", etc.
The FUNNIEST one this far was when we were at the emergency room for Clara when she was so sick (when we were 5 hours away from home in a foreign country...) MURPHY'S LAW...
Anyways, the doctors and nurses spoke a decent amount of language and between all of us we were able to get our points across. One of the nurses came in the room and gave us cream to use on the "baby's ass". At first I was not sure if she had referred to my infants bottom as an ass or not... Then she came in again to tell us that "the baby's ass will get very red from being so sick". Then Nick and I both looked at each other, like did she really say that? Every time she came in she wanted to know how "baby's ass" was doing. It made us crack up during a frantic time, so it was good.
When I want to kind of giggle about it and talk about the crappy language barrier, I have to remember that she knows a hell of a lot more English then I know German!
No comments:
Post a Comment