Thursday, February 18, 2010

I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T


Clara's newest trait is her need to do absolutely everything on her..  Rarely does she want help, will scream when you pick her up, push the spoon out of the way when I am holding it, hates riding in the stroller.  She wants to walk up the stairs to the apartment by herself, which she can pretty much do, however now she would like to go down them on her own too.  While I want her to learn how to do this, it just takes about 5 minutes to walk down the one flight of stairs...  I have also resorted to a lot of finger foods for her.  She is working in using some training utensils, but it is usually at the end of breakfast where I let her "explore" using them.  She knows to dip the spoon  in the bowl, then that goes into her mouth.  Rarely does what is on the spoon make it into her mouth though...

Here is what she looked like after she won her fight for being independent at dinner...

Needless to say, bath time was pushed ahead about 2 hours last night!  The Ingrao's will be happy to know that that is an Italian dish all over her!  She loves her ravioli and spaghetti...  

3 comments:

lthompson said...

AWW...she looks like she enjoyed dinner in many ways! Your spaghetti must be AMAZING!!

Our European adventure... said...

oh my!! Gotta love the clean up! You can borrow Montana anytime! :) He is a great helper.... especially getting all the food out of the highchair!

Sarah Richards said...

Brady does the same thing! He won't let us feed him anything on a spoon...he has to do it!