Sunday, February 28, 2010

Let's try this again...

This will be my second time to try and blog today, as Clara deleted my 3 paragraphs earlier.... she thinks it is hilarious when she touches the keyboard (b/c she knows she is not supposed to...).

First off, we got our STUFF!  Just minutes ago we actually unpacked the last two boxes.  Trying to fit everything in this little apartment is very frustrating.  I hated everything about the house in MO while we were there.. but now I miss it oh so much.  It is very crowded with the three of us in it, and the thought brining a baby into it frightens me.

The weather has gotten MUCH nicer.  It turns out the sun does NOT hate German and we have had several pleasant days in the last week.  When it is nice out, this place comes alive!  There are so many kids on our kasern that when it is pretty outside and you open the windows all you hear is kids playing.  Clara loves to go on rides in her wagon and watch the kiddos.  She loves it even more when she can get out and run with them (yes she is RUNNING now).  She wants so badly to keep up with them and gets very angry when I pull her away.  She enjoys the swing and the slide the most.  After she goes down a slide she will try to climb back up it (maybe a few steps) then sit back down as if to slide again.

We got her a picnic table for her birthday.  I put it together and it is in our living room and she will push it over to the TV stand and climb on top of it to get to the TV.  She thinks this is hilarious also... she pretty much thinks it is funny if she is not supposed to do it.  The terrible twos should be fun!

Granny and Grampy get here Thursday, just in time to celebrate Clara's first birthday!  I can't believe it has been a year!  They are excited to see where we live and see in person everything I complain about!  We are thinking about taking a short road trip somewhere, or a train trip.  We are going to be spontaneous though.  I have to drive to Frankfurt to pick them up, which will be my first long drive on the Autobahn by myself... Yikes!  As of now they will be staying with us, it should be interesting have 4 adults in this little apartment.  Hopefully it will make us get out and about.

Oh how I long for the house I hated in Missouri....

No comments: