Saturday, January 23, 2010

Mega PX!

We went ahead and bought a desk today so that we can leave our computer and phone on.  Otherwise they are both one of Clara's favorite toys! She was really interested in what was going on... She even helped Nick put the desk together!




Today we went to the Ramstein AFB.  It was about an hour way, however with Nick driving on the Autobahn it was about 35 minutes!  I thought the wheels were going to fall off our little Mitsubishi!  Hopefully my car will be here soon!  Anyways, Ramstein has the Mecca of all PXs.  This place is ridiculous.  A regular Army PX is usually just like an old WalMart that occasionally will sell Vera Bradley or Coach.  The PX in Ramstein was literally a mall, it had a Macoroni Grill, a Swarski Crystal Store, Cinnabon, a bookstore... this place was ridiculous!


Anyways,  I took a few pictures of the apartment to show you how it is different!
First is the Kitchen.  I could only get half a picture because there is a door to the kitchen.  It can be shit off just like a bedroom.  Because when the door was open you couldn't open the "pantry" Nick took the door off.  We had to put up a baby gate because someone enjoys playing in the kitchen a bit to much!

The next is the biggest pain in the world! In Europe the have the whole 220v thing!  So, therefore none of our stuff works unless we have an adapter or a transformer...  We have made many trips to the thrift store in hopes of finding 220v appliances.  So far I have gotten a $5 hairdryer and a microwave.  I have been looking for kitchen stuff with no luck.  So, our thinking is that we will just put a transformer in the kitchen and plug what we need into the transformer when we need to use it.  We checked or TV before we came and it should work with just an adapter (a small plug that plugs into the outlet as opposed to a transformer which is the size of a Jack-in-the-Box.  Sorry about the reference.. it was the first thing I saw when I was looking at, as Clara's toys are scattered everywhere b/c we have nothing to store them in!  We have our IPod chargers plugged into them.  It looks silly because it is huge box charging such a small thing!


 


1 comment:

Maggie said...

Wowie, I want a Mega PX here in FLW!!!!!