We have gotten our small apartment in Mannheim, and currently have a table with 4 chairs, a couch, 2 chairs, a twin bed and a full bed in it. As well as our items we have been carrying with us in suitcases for that last month and half. Our STUFF shold be here mid February... by then I won't know what to do with real stuff...
Clara is having a hard time adjusting and has been very clingy. She can't be more then 2 feet away from or she starts screaming... it makes cooking and showering kind of hard! Hopefully this is just a phase and it will blow over soon. MAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMA is all we really hear right now. Except for 5 in the morning when she starts yelling for DADADADADADADADA. As I am typing right now she is screaming because she is not in my lap. We are definitely taking her to hourly child care on post soon. Mama needs a break!
Nick bought a car right when we got here. His European license was still good from when he was over here in 2004. So we have driving everywhere in our 1997 Mitsubishi Carisma :) My car should be here in the next few weeks, however I still have to pass the driving test the Army makes everyone take. Wish me luck. The driving over here is a little bit different... the person turning right will usually get right of way, crazy, I know. I am excited to drive 150mph on the Autobahn though!
Since we won't get Clara's furniture for a month, and she refuses to sleep in the pack and play, we were thinking about transitioning her to a big girl bed. I am concerned that she is so small and will fall out though. We found a really neat bed at IKEA though. It is a bunk bed and one of the mattresses is one the floor. Later this can be turned into a play area or something. I am thinking about putting her in that and putting a baby gate up at her door. Something has to give eventually. Here is a picture of the bed. If we get it, we will get white though...
]I think it will work! I hope it will work...
Thats about it for now! I will try and keep everyone up to date on whats going on with us! As well as put up some pictures of Clara and our new home!
1 comment:
We enjoyed the pics and comments. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Susan and Bob Kurtz
Post a Comment